Tuesday, October 12, 2010

An afternoon filled with.....


Carving pumpkins and sipping hot cocoa on our front porch!!! So much fun!! As you all may know, I love the Southern Living magazine! The October issue has a great cover so I decided to be ambitious and attempt to copy what they did. I am actually very pleased with how it turned out! Thanks to the little pumpkin carving kit we bought I was able to scrape just the peel and make it look like the way the pros did it at Southern Living! I can not wait to make our first pumpkin pie of the year! We salvaged the pumpkins seeds and baked then in the oven....yummmy!!

*Grandmother, thank you for emailing me the pie recipe....I can not wait to make it!!! I love you. Come visit us soon!!! You're the best :)

1 comment:

  1. I love that you have opened a B&B! How adorable! All of your posts have been great, and your recipes look so yummy! I am a huge fan of Southern Living myself and your pumpkin is just darling! I'm so glad I ran across your blog and I might just have to stop by one day! :) Happy Wednesday and Hotty Toddy!

    ReplyDelete