Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Busy Bee.


Good morning:)

The past few days have been very busy!! We had a full house this weekend which was exciting!!
Sunday morning we made a Savory Bread Pudding, Vermont White Cheddar Cheese Grits, Brown Sugar Bacon, and Rosemary Scones. It was a huge hit (especially the Savory bread pudding) and will become a staple recipe in our kitchen! Monday we made Italian loaf French Toast with homemade syrup, Sausage Patties, and (by request) Vermont White Cheddar Grits-again!!! All in all, we had a very successful weekend!!

Yesterday I made my first apple pie....EVER!! I was nervous but seeing that there is just about 1/4 left and only 3 people (one guest and my two sisters) helped in eating it, I think it is safe to say the recipe I used is a winner! I served it hot, right out of the oven with a heaping scoop of blue bell vanilla ice cream!! (Special thank you to Harley for sharing an abundance of apples off of his tree with us-they were perfect!)

We have a full house this week (Wednesday-Saturday) so I will definitely be making this pie again-maybe on Friday?! Well, time to go put on a load of laundry and do a quick turnover of the rooms. Have a good day!! -Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment